Competitive Video Summer Internship Program @ Ivy Tech
Net Literacy (www.netliteracy.org) is conducting a summer program that provides outstanding student volunteers a community service opportunity to create Internet safety videos that will be posted on www.safeconnects.org and national safety websites. Watch the student-created documentary of last years program below:
When: Monday through Friday – June 16-19 from 11:00 to 5:00 – top 50% of students may be invited to continue during one, two, or all of three additional segments (June 22-26, June 29 to July 2, and July 6-24)
Where: Ivy Tech, School of Technology, 50 W. Fall Creek Parkway North Drive
Who: Open to Marion County (Indiana) high school students only
Transportation: Parents are responsible for student transportation. A “free” IndyGo buses pass is available to students at the request of parents or guardians. To use the IndyGo pass, students must have a current school ID or visit IndyGo and purchase an IndyGo ID for $2.00.
- Participate in a 5 day summer program and may be invited for up to 23 additional days
- Earn up to a $15.00 stipend per day for successful attendance and participation to help cover transportation and meal expenses ($2.50 per hour and up to $60.00 for the first four day work week and up to $75.00 for each five day week, thereafter)
- The top 50% of students may be selected to participate for up to 23 additional days and earn up to a $15.00 stipend per day (up to an additional $345.00 for the additional weeks and a total of $420.00 for attending all 28 days).
- Bonus Incentive Program:Differentiate yourself – when applying for a scholarship, a competitive college, or for employment – this type of experience will help contribute to your competitiveness.
- Teams producing outstanding videos will be eligible for a bonus of $5 to $10 per student on the team (no guarantees that a video will win a bonus).
- Teams will compete for a weekly $50.00 bonus for the top video of the week – each team member will receive an additional $50.00!
- Become just a little more famous – great videos will be posted on Safe Connects website!
- Email dkent(at)netliteracy.org if you have questions or for additional information
Please note: students must be intermediate or experienced videographers