A Sample of Videos that Tell Some of the Stories of Thousands of Volunteers.
Sometimes, a video is worth 1000 words. We’ve selected twenty videos that we believe best depict the impact of a digital literacy corps comprised of thousands of student volunteers. These videos show highlights of some of our most popular programs. As you visit our programmatic websites, you’ll find many more videos that describe how thousands of student volunteers have touched the lives of hundreds of thousands of individuals.
1 WISH TV highlights a Net Literacy chapter repurposing computers to donate to K12 families without a computer at home
2 “Lights, Camera, Action!” FOX 59 discusses how Net Literacy engages youths to talk about safety in Safe Connects PSA program
3. Google Education On Air – How Today’s Digital Natives Can Enhance Their Net Reputation
4. Net Literacy discusses its “student empowered” model at the Google Zeitgeist Awards.
5. Google’s “Big Tent” co-hosted by Google, Net Literacy and Harvard University’s The Berkman Center. This panel entitled “Towards an Innovative Web” includes speakers Vint Cerf, Urs Gasser, and Dan Kent
6. A Safer Internet Day in Moscow, Russia. Panelist Daniel Kent presents on the Net Literacy’s youth empowered programs with an emphasis on Safe Connects. Daniel’s presentation (translated into Russian) begins 32.00 and ends at 40.00 minutes.
7. The President recognizes the Senior Connects program in a private White House ceremony.
8. ABC Television’s Transformation Nation featured Net Literacy’s Senior Connects and Safe Connects programs across the county in syndicated programming.
9. The “Daily Apple” highlights “the kids of the computer generation” teaching seniors – the Senior Connects program.
10. Satellite television’s “Retirement TV Channel” has a one-on-one interview that looks behind the scenes at Senior Connects.
11. The Techpoint Foundation presents an annual award – the “Bridge Builder Award” – to the organization that demonstrates beyond and above the call of duty a sustained ability to provide the technologically access and training to the technology underprivileged and serve as a philanthropic activism throughout the state.
12. The Indiana Department of Education and Net Literacy co-host a news conference at the Statehouse announcing Safe Connects. Listen to Student Chair Brian Kelley discuss Net Literacy’s programs.
13. During a Statehouse event co-hosted by the IDOE at the Statehouse, Student Vice Chair Sean Pettegrew discusses the Safe Connects program and the importance of being safe while having fun online.
14. When The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis decided to recognized teens for their impact within the state and across America, Net Literacy was one of three organizations recognized during the first year of this annual program.
15. Fort Wayne Mayor Graham Richard discusses how Net Literacy has impacted Fort Wayne. The Mayor then wrote a magazine article about how the Senior Connects finally were able to complete this circle of “kindness and communication and collaboration” by teaching his mother how to access the Internet.
16. The City of Carmel, together with the Town of Westfield, City of Noblesville, Town of Fishers, and Hamilton County all issued Proclamations calling February 22nd “An Intergenerational Computer Literacy Day for Youths to Help Adults.” Also, an associated computer drive netted over one hundred computers.
17. Net Literacy, the United Way, and Verizon partner to provide computers to rural Indiana.
18. Net Literacy student volunteer recognized by AXA.
19. Net Literacy and Verizon provides computers to western Indiana’s community centers, senior centers, youth centers, and literacy centers, and nonprofits.
20. Net Literacy wins Computerworld’s 2011 21st Century Achievement Award for DigitalLiteracy.org “best practices” website.
21. Safe Connects teaches young students how to be safe while having fun online.
22. The Indiana Department of Education congratulations and helps present a $100,000 check together with State Farm Insurance so that Net Literacy can launch Financial Connects.